What is a Horse Solarium?
A horse solarium is a system of multiple large red lamps emitting infrared (IR) rays. IR is a form of heat radiation, not to be confused with ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which provides a source of artificial sunlight for stable-kept horses.
IR rays are capable of penetrating deep into the body, elevating the body’s surface temperature, and activating major bodily functions. The capillaries expand to stimulate blood flow, regeneration, circulation, and oxygenation. This promotes the rebuilding of injured tissue, the elimination of toxins (lactic acid), stimulates metabolism for improved digestion, and promotes the killing of many pathogens and parasites that cause illness.
IR rays relax muscles and relieve tension, producing a calming effect that helps the body to heal and reduce soreness.
- Super light construction makes it easy to lift into place or relocate
- Corrosion-resistant construction means the solariums are ideal for use in wash stalls
- Equine Solariums are inset with low pressure, low energy, and low cost infrared bulbs
- Cables are fed through the stainless steel frame for safety
- Hanging kits supplied with 10m of chain, snap clips, and eyelets
- User adjustable power settings via the dimmer unit which is included on all models as standard
- Variable infrared output, removing the need to raise or lower the solarium
- The control unit allows users to set the timer up to 60 minutes
- Premium ventilated panels allow for quicker unit cooldown times
- Improves blood circulation, cellular metabolism, and general health and wellbeing
- Accelerates the natural moulting process, therefore producing a smoother, glossier coat
- Promotes the natural healing process and helps to reduce the risk of further injury
- Helps break down the buildup of lactic acid after exercise and reduces overall muscle stiffness
- Over time, the solarium will help maintain the natural oils found in your horse’s skin
- Reduces the overall warmup time for schedule exercising periods